How well do you know the Seine River Teachers’ Association collective agreement? Send the answers to the following questions to Pat Liss at DTS email@example.com and be entered for achance to win one of four $25.00 Visa gift cards. Deadline: May 10, 2013.
1. As of July 1, 2013, what will the base allowance of a K-8 principal be?
2. What is the maximum number of sick days a teacher may accumulate?
3. What is the minimum grant amount a teacher taking a year’s sabbatical can expect to receive?
d) there is no such thing as a sabbatical grant
4. A part-time teacher who is requested to participate in a school activity outside of his/her regularly scheduled teaching time is entitled to receive:
a) 1/200 of his/her salary, or portion thereof
b) time in lieu
c) substitute rate, or portion thereof
d) either a or b
5. How many days must a substitute teacher work consecutively before he/she begins to accumulatesick leave credits?
a) 10 days
b) 5 days
c) subs cannot accumulate sick days
(reprinted from March newsletter)